Friday, October 14, 2011

Invitations


Although I finished these ages ago, I wanted to post about them as I am somewhat proud of these! I did originally look around online to see if there were any pre-made invitations that we liked, but nothing was quite right. We foud a few options that were nice, but nothing that was perfectly us.


We ended up deciding we would like some Celtic in the design, for obvious Irish dancing reasons. But most of the celtic invitations available ready-designed were green, cliched, old fashioned or just meh. So I ended up designing some for us.


The design is from one of the many Celtic books I have sitting around from dressmaking. This was used as a feature border to tie everything together and will also be used on menus and placecards. On the main invite, each knot is accented with a Swarovski stone.


The map for the Directions cards was done in Paint Shop Pro. I print screened a map from Google, then traced over it using a pen tool. Once all the required details were in place, the original copied map was deleted from behind.


The invites took a couple of nights to finish, a few at a time to make sure I didn't lose my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment